Water is the new oil. Worldwide demand is ever increasing – not just because of an increasing population – but also because it is an integral component used in producing nearly every product we consume or use in our daily lives. Industrial applications require a water quality beyond even our drinking water, so it must be purified before going into our food and beverage, pharmaceuticals or cosmetics, or before it’s used to produce our electric power, gasoline, cars, paper and textiles, plastic, metal, or even the microprocessors used in our favorite devices.
Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies such as Coca Cola, Procter & Gamble, Microsoft, Southern California Edison, and Kimberly Clark to boost their financial, environmental, and operational competitiveness; creating a paradigm shift in water efficiency and reliability.
Desalitech is an enterprise tech startup, with the advantage of being the only disrupting player in a gigantic and hugely important market sector. We are doubling our sales yearly, winning every possible award, including the “best place to work” in the global water industry, and we strive to truly change the world (while making a lot of money in that process).
If you have a desire to grow with a dynamic company that is making a real positive impact. If you thrive on working in a fast paced, exciting environment, and are ready to make a major difference within the organization, then you may excel at Desalitech.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop P&ID
- Prepare equipment and instruments specifications
- Develop sequence of operation (SOO) and perform software simulations
- Participate in process design reviews and mechanical reviews
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions
- Assessing processes and interpreting data by remote monitoring for commissioned systems
- Supervise pilot studies
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Participate in unit testing (FAT) and commissioning at customers site including training of the operators
- Help troubleshoot and remote support service team and customers around the world during and after commissioning
- We seek candidates that are intelligent, and have strong Persistence, heart and Drive (PhD).
- Minimally 3 years of Process Engineering experience in water field
- Degree in Chemical / Environmental engineering
- Experience with water treatment and RO desalination in particular – advantage
Our beliefs are VERY important to us, and we only want to work with likeminded people. Please review at our “PURE WATER” beliefs here.
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits: health, dental, vision insurance, 401k, life insurance, paid time off
- A fun workplace and team with unique challenges every day
- Opportunity to help the water industry’s most innovative company solve one of the world’s most pressing problems. Help us change the world!
More About Desalitech
The world is running out of available water, infrastructures are aging, and awareness is building. All these macro drivers are aligning in favor of high efficiency water treatment, reuse, and desalination. Today the leading technology that addresses those challenges is old, inherently inefficient, and not very reliable.
Desalitech’s disruptive and patented water purification and reuse product line greatly reduces treatment costs while streamlining & stabilizing customers’ operations. Since opening its US offices in 2013, Desalitech has helped companies, including Coca Cola, Procter & Gamble, Archer Daniels Midland, and other Fortune 500 companies, save significant amounts of water, energy and money. In that process, it has built a stellar team and won major industry awards, including the “Breakthrough Water Tech Company of the Year 2016”, “Aquatech Innovation Award 2017 – Water Treatment”, “2017 Best Place to Work in Water Industry”.